Saturday, June 14, 2008

The Baby's Boofday

We are known in our house to use ridiculous baby-talk phrases when referring to our babies, but not in a baby-talk voice, thus making it sound even more bizarre if you were to hear us say it. For example: "Him have crambo eggth on he's boofday" (He had scrambled eggs on his birthday."). Just thought I should explain that so that when you see his cake it doesn't seem so weird. Hmm, maybe I just made us sound more weird....whatever.






He did have a rough start in life, but he overcame it quickly. Looking at this photo you'd never know he was so weak in the beginning. I love the way my babies look when they are sleeping. Maybe it's because they look peaceful and angelic...maybe it's because they aren't keeping me from eating or sleeping. Either way it's nice.



My mother has made each one of my boys a different suit for their blessing. The older boys had actual suits: grey with tails, navy pinstripe, brown collarless, but none had been blessed in white. I did that intentionally because I like to go against the average or common, but by the time number four came, it was normal to not bless them in white, so that's what I wanted. Note the paisley tie and actual leather belt. It's all in the details.






First smiles. He'd only been smiling for about two days when I took this photo. He's smiling at his Daddy, he still gets the best smiles from him.






I have some tiny little boys. They average out in size at about age 3 or 4, but they are very unfat as babies. I love me a fat baby though, so it was so exciting when this little guy started to get round cheeks and a belly. See? He WAS fat!





I'm a big fan of pacifiers because you can ween them from a binki, but you can't remove their thumbs if they prefer to suck them (well, not legally). Somehow, this last baby didn't get that concept. He LOVES those two middle fingers, and I have to admit, I think it's pretty cute. Well, until he's six and still has those two fingers in his mouth...ew.





This kid thinks the red light on my camera is so funny. So don't be fooled into thinking he's this happy all the time, it's just that when I focus the camera and that light comes on, he just lights up himself.
He also thought that the Christmas tree lights were funny. He'd always grin and coo when we'd lay him under a Christmas tree where he could look at the lights.





It's a good thing he isn't old enough to request a cake design, because I just didn't have the energy that day.



He was so happy to be allowed to eat something so sugary. Notice the condition of the cake in the first photo and then the next. He went to town on that thing. Later the frosting and cake were rubbed into his hair and flung all over the floor.



Sweet little birthday boy. These were taken on his birthday before he got a much needed haircut, but I love this little face. And I love those two little teeth. Happy Birthday Buddy.

9 comments:

Aubs said...

I love it when I am the first to comment on your blog. Especially when I beat Cheryl. :)
What a cute baby boy he is. I love his little fat rolls & his old man chub. I can't believe he is one now. Crazy! Crazy!

Aubs said...

I love it when I am the first to comment on your blog. Especially when I beat Cheryl. :)
What a cute baby boy he is. I love his little fat rolls & his old man chub. I can't believe he is one now. Crazy! Crazy!

Aubs said...

Wow! Sorry that got on twice. I hate it when I do that!

Leah said...

What a cutie! It's fun to actually get to see photos of your kids, blogging is great. I really love his male-model poses in his blessing suit.

Audrey said...

I love tiny baby boys in old man clothing. The blessing picture is great. Happy birthday little one.

The McKell Spot said...

Cute lil Gabey Baby, I can't believe that it has been a year. What a sweet little boy!

Nick and Laura said...

Oh! He is so cute! And I agree about the two little teeth- so freaking darling!!!

Chels said...

I love you so dang much Michelle. How could you be any cooler?! And I love that your kids are so dang cool too. Jeez. Good job on raising them. I love your blog. We need to hang out soon...

Wendy Lady said...

I love his smile!

For future reference ... Spencer sucked his fingers, too, but Mars took care of that when he vacuumed over them. It was a bit drastic, but he never stuck those fingers in his mouth again!