Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Where a kid can be a kid



Some of my mom-friends and I have a playgroup that we do every week. In an attempt to shake things up (rather than sitting and chatting while we try to ignore the children) we thought we'd go to Chuck E Cheese's. It turned out pretty well. We used a coupon and got a good deal on a pizza and 100 tokens which we burned through with no problem. Since I don't use my own kids names on my blog, I won't used my friend's kids names either. These kids are SO CUTE.

1-Kristie and Janet. SO SO excited to be at Chuck E Cheese.
2-T giving air hockey a shot.
3- Bear and Jojy.
4- Don't judge me- I didn't dress the baby. I couldn't make myself care today. He's warm and clean and he doesn't know it looks odd to wear jungle print footed jammies in public.
5- M four wheelin'. The kid's a dare devil.
6- Bear, being weird in a picture- imagine that.
7- Jojy- cup cake in his mouth, cup cake on his knee.
8- Jes and L. Pretty girls.
9- Aleece and A. More pretty girls.
10- The kids all piled in to the same ride- and no one even hit each other!
11- The boys and I.
12- Kristie and K.
13- B and K. Not siblings, just remarkely blonde.
14- M and Gabey. Two guys out cruising.
15- I wish my mother had taught me to play skee ball this way.
16- This toddler sized rollercoaster simulator is pretty exciting.



As I entered Chuck E Cheese for the first time in probably 6 years, I was pleased to see that it was fairly updated and clean (Unlike Jungle Jim's who's wall to wall stained carpet remarkably retains the smell of feet-- the sight and scent overwhelms). The one thing that remains the same are the animatronic characters that are akwardly attempting to sing along with the prerecorded music. It's really pathetic the way the gears groan when their arms move and their eyes and mouths click as they open and close. Seriously folks. That's all you got? Despite this, I think I might be sad to see them no longer on that neglected stage.
This guy, however, I could do without. That one eye was stuck that way. I was really kinda freaked out by it. Creepy giant cowboy dog.
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Aubs said...

Looks like a fun trip to Chuckie Cheese. It is fun to do different things with play groups and friends. Cute picture with your two adorable boys. Baby G. is getting so big. I didn't even recognize him at first. I thought he was someone else's kid.
Kenz has asked me countless times to go there. Eventually we'll make it there.

The UnMighty said...

I remember seeing Cowboy Dog in concert years ago when still played with Bob Dylan. He blew my mind.

skcoe said...

The animatronics leave a lot to be desired, but my kids LOVE Chuck-E-Cheese. I'm glad you got to break out of the norm and do something different! Fun group.

The McKell Spot said...

Holy cow! I remember those guys, they should keep them and make it a haunted house, I think they scare the kids more than amuse them. I almost peed I laughed so hard at this blog.

skcoe said...

Question. Isn't it "Showbiz Pizza, where a kid can be a kid?"

skcoe said...

Okay. I think it MAY have been Showbiz Pizza, but I'm still going to retract that last statement. Because I went to the ChuckECheese website and the song played over and OVER on the website, "Where a kid can be a kid, where a kid can be a kid, where a kid can be a kid, where a kid can be a kid..."

It's irritating.

Babe in Boysland said...

When we were pretty little, Chuck E cheese bought out Showbiz and adopted their jingle. So you were right...kind of.

Audrey said...

Wow...play group has been taken to a new level. HOLY COW GUYS! We are coming out in July and we all need to get together. I'll bring my vinegar based BBQ then and maybe we can eat some pulled pork sandwiches with slaw. Miss you guys.

Audrey